As Christmas is nearly upon us I thought I would join in the spirit of
giving and give you some cleaning advice to help you prepare for the festive season. These tips should help you get the house ready for visiting relatives and partying friends.
• Divide the house into areas and aim to do them one at a time. Then give yourself a reasonable time to clean each area and set to it. Blitz those bedrooms and conquer the kitchen!
• Talking of the kitchen, it is a great time to have a de-clutter and make room for all those tasty festive treats. Clear out your cupboards and the freezer for starters. It is also a good time to give your oven and fridge a thorough clean. Don’t forget to find the special Christmas crockery and give it a good wash.
• Tackle any guest bedrooms next. Make sure they are clean and clear of clutter and that the bed linen is fresh. You don’t want to give Mum in Law a chance to moan so put out some towels too.
• You can’t avoid the bathroom and it would probably benefit from a deep clean. If you are expecting lots of visitors it will be used frequently so put time aside to give it a wipe round and freshen up every day.
• Finally, before you get the decorations down from the loft, give the living room a thorough clean, including cushions, loose covers and soft furnishings.
I hope you all enjoy a wonderful Christmas.